Thursday 2 June 2016

Popplock T5

A massive lock (almost 1kg) made out of brass and stainless steel, this puzzle is a homage to the old bullring locks regarding the shape of the shackle. This is the only popplock that has a round shackle which rotates, making this puzzle one of a kind in the history of the popplocks!

Impressive, isn't it? :-)

Like many popplocks, this T5 has a key, and like all popplocks, the key is always useful!

As you can notice, there are 4 screws on the front cover of the puzzle, unscrewing them is absolutely safe and allows you to see the mechanism and how it really works.
Few popplocks can be opened (T2 can be, not sure about T4), so when you have in your hand a popplock that can be, well you cannot say no!

Regarding the quality, well like usually there is no debate: the quality is perfect! Fit is precise, finish is nice, solution is beautiful, puzzle is wonderful!!

Regarding the difficulty, this puzzle does not have a lot of steps and in my opinion this is the second easiest popplocks (the easiest being T7) in the series. It did not take me long time before figuring out how to solve it. Like all popplocks, you have to try many things and tricks are so well thought/hidden that you also have the famous "aha" moments. You just need the right ideas at the right time, at the righ place.

It was puzzling how to take this pictures!

So even if this is not a difficult puzzle, this is one of my favourite ones because of the shape of the puzzle and the nice steps to solve it. I am sure that the harcore puzzlers will be a bit disappointed because this is far from the diffiuclty of a T9 or a T10, but I know that everybody will appreciate it anyway.

One feature that no popplocks have is a "pop-up" shackle. I reall hope that it can be implemented for a future puzzle. It makes the puzzle looks like a more real lock and is definitely less boring than having to check all the time if you have a solved puzzle or not by pulling many times the shackle :-)

Which is your favourite popplock so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment