Tuesday 10 December 2019

Do-it-yourself puzzle: the minipunk by NKD

I alreay posted a review about the mecanigma puzzle made by NKD, this time let me talk about their puzzles that you have to craft by yourself. Yes they either sell already crafted puzzles (and some in luxury versions) but of course they cost more, and some puzzles that you have to craft. Don't worry they provide everything you need: glue, sandpaper, the pieces, assembly notice, etc.

All you need to do it a cutter blade to take out the pieces and some patience :)

This puzzle is called minipunk and is basically a piggy bank. Building it is very pleasant with all the parts and gears (I love gears!) and is suitable even for children. Solving it is not very difficult and take 5 moves. But there is a lovely sequence of moves that I am sure you will like!






You can fill in some coins from the top of the box and then let your friend manage to get them :)

Some may wonder: am I spoiled the solution when crafting the puzzle? I would say: yes and no!
Well obviously you will see all the parts of the puzzle and you may get an idea how they interact with one another. But first the sequence of moves is not correlated to how you craft the puzzle. I mean you will assemble pieces first that are not for the first move for example. And then also when you're focussed on crafting a puzzle, you're not focussed on how to solve it. So the challenge will still be there. And you know, crating the puzzle is already in a way a puzzle in itself. Solving it is just the next logical puzzle :)

For the price, I am sure you will have fun to build it and solve it. NKD has other do-it-yourself puzles to craft but I would recommend starting with this one as it is the easiest to built.

You can find the kit HERE


2 comments:

  1. Hey I live in Panama City Beach Florida. Do they ship to the United States?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, why don't you ask directly to them?
      I am not part of the company :)

      I would be very surprised if they would not ship to the USA. It's a big market for puzzles

      Delete