Monday 17 September 2018

Jigsaw puzzle 29

This seemingly innocent puzzle was designed and crafted by Yuu Asaka for IPP design competition in San Diego (2018) and it received a prize!

Many times I wonder why such or such puzzle receives a prize because in my mind it's not deserved. I mean, all puzzles are usually nice, but most of the time (if not always....) the jury committee does not choose puzzles that really deserves to be awarded!!! What's going on in their head?....

So I was thinking: "why the hell did this jigsaw puzzle received a prize"?....until I got one and started to play with it :)






Ok so first it looks very nice: the colors are well choosen.
Then the cuts are very precise and you won't need to use any force at all. I was worried with that point because it can be tricky with plexi puzzles....

Now the serious part, and why in my mind it's a good (and then why it obtained a prize) puzzle: you won't solve it in a "conventional way".
I mean, usually with jigsaw puzzles you know how to start, right? Do the same thing (yes, please do!) won't lead to anywhere and so you will soon realize that you will have to think way more!!
And yes you need to pack all the pieces flat inside the tray :-)

This puzzle is very difficult and could only come from a crazy devilish puzzle designer's mind ;-)

With many possibilities and pieces that have the same color, this puzzle will puzzle you for long time.
With a low price, this is clearly worth the money.

Did I said that Yuu is from Japan and Japan has the best postal service in the world?...Yes it already happened that I got a package 4 days after it's been mailed. Impressive!!

You can check Puzzle Master webshop to get your copy. Maybe you will get too much frustrated and need the solution?


4 comments:

  1. The Mailadress doesn't work for me, can u check if it is still up to date. I really want a copy of that sweet puzzle but I can't find a copy anywhere atm :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I was also interested in this puzzle - could I purchase off you or would you have an updated email address?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also emailed the address a few weeks ago but do not have a reply yet. Do you have another way to connect with Yuu?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed many people were messaging him through Facebook where he has at least replied within the past week. He's unfortunately been overloaded with requests.
    https://www.facebook.com/people/%E6%B5%85%E9%A6%99%E9%81%8A/100016057607630

    ReplyDelete