Friday 14 October 2022

This puzzle has some wonderful mathematical properties

This is a pretty unusual puzzle, not because it's made out of 3D printers (which has become more and more usual these days) but because of the way it works (well the way it opens).

So a ball shape with a marble inside, probably composed of 3 (?) identical (?) pieces that you have to disassemble.

There are 2 methods to disassemble the puzzle:

-> the brute force: actually you won't use "brute force", but still this is not the intended solution

-> the intended solution which is very very nice.

 



I have solved it with the Solution many times and it is always super funny.

No, I am not a weirdo! And I am sure that my readers who have solved it know what I am talking about.

The solution is easily repeatable and will blow your mind again and again. You should really trust me.


Despite the seemingly simplicity of the puzzle, well there are some strong maths behind, that I am not going to share. I may have the explanations in PDF format somewhere in my computer though.

But don't worry, no need to understand the explanations to have fun with the puzzle. 

Did I tell you that it even got a prize during a puzzle design competition? and i tmy opinion it is well deserved :)


You can buy it on Puzzle Master webshop!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment